Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Dorothy is Door-knocking!

I was catching up with friend and neighbor Dorothy over the holidays.  After we shook our heads over the political situation, I asked if she was taking any action.  Indeed she is!  She has been door-knocking on Saturday mornings for the Orange County Democratic Party.  She is using the "Neighbors in Action" approach of listening to people about what matters to them and building relationships, to prepare for political action closer to the 2018 elections.

I have heard all about this, but haven't quite stepped up to doing it myself.  Dorothy noted that door-knocking is out of her comfort zone, but that she has been pleasantly surprised that people are almost all friendly and want to be listened to!

We in Orange County are fortunate to be in a place where our action for the 2018 elections can make a difference.  Door-knocking is out of the comfort zone of most people.  But if Dorothy can do it, so can we!  (I'll let you know how it goes...)

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to Dorothy and the many others of us who once thought "I would never be able to do that!" (knocking on doors) Now that I've moved out of my comfort zone by doing this a couple of times and finding it is MUCH more pleasant than I expected, I've surprised myself by volunteering to be a precinct captain and I expect to be doing a lot more voter canvassing before the 2018 elections.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts